How was your weekend? It was an exciting one here in NYC with the ING NYC Marathon happening. I’m still so sad Buzunesh Deba got passed in the last few miles. I was so invested in her, and really wanted her to win after being a runner up in 2011.
It was also a odd weekend with weather. Saturday was gorgeous, so Lisa and Erika and I tried a new cycle class that incorporated spin and yoga together. It was really a great workout.
The room had black lights so we shut down the regular lights and it made for a fun class. The instructor was very experience and we did a lot of hiit and endurance cycling. The only thing that I didn’t like was that I couldn’t hear what she was saying half the time, I just followed her movements. The music and her voice were overlapping.
The facility, Studio 360 Revolution, just opened 2 weeks ago and is located on 37th, in between 3rd and 2nd aves. It’s a great little place that provides lockers (with keys), complimentary water, towels, and light snacks like bananas. Your first class is free, and after that it’s $27 for individual classes.
After that it was a pretty relaxing weekend of reading, catching up on Grey’s Anatomy, baking with pumpkin (recipes to come), exploring the LES with friends (with an impromptu stop at The Meatball Shop!) and running. I also made some much-needed winter purchases to add to my wardrobe. I keep layering clothing, but I’m in desperate need of sweaters and jackets.
Also, guess what? It’s been ONE YEAR since Jeff and I packed up all of our things and moved to New York City. Like any big, cross country move, things went wrong, but more things went right and I’m so happy that we are here and have family that have supported us and love us. It’s really been an experience and I’m so proud and happy where we are at in our lives. Can’t wait for more years and adventures here!
Here are a few of my favorite things that have happened so far:
- Having Thanksgiving last year with New York family
- Experiencing Christmas in the city.
- Making these Italian cookies (Jeff’s favorite).
- Living in snowy weather.
- Spending New Years Eve in NYC, even if we didn’t do the Time Square thing.
- Having my first birthday in New York City with new friends.
- Making these Pretzel Dogs, some with spinach and gouda.
- Doing Yoga in Times Square event. So cool!
- Running the Brooklyn Half Marathon with Lisa and Erika.
- Getting our kitty, Miss Hadley.
- Starting a second job at Wheated. Love this place and people.
- Being on a New York beach.
- Having our engagement pictures taken at the Highline.
- Seeing Luke Bryan on The Today Show.
- Dancing at Brooklyn Disco.
- Countless Arrow Bar photo booth pictures.
- Visiting Hunter Mountain in upstate New York.
- Going to fun fitness events for my job.
And, so so much more! I love you New York City.